Exploring LA's Iconic Delis: Where to Find the Best Sandwiches
There's nothing quite like biting into a perfectly crafted sandwich, loaded with fresh ingredients and bursting with flavor. In the sprawling culinary landscape of Los Angeles, a select group of iconic delis has risen to the top, serving up some of the city's best sandwiches. In this post, we'll guide you through the must-visit delis in LA and reveal the delectable delights that await you.
What Makes an Iconic Deli in Los Angeles?
When it comes to the best delis in LA, a few key factors set them apart:
- Quality Ingredients: From locally sourced produce to premium meats and cheeses, top-notch delis prioritize the use of high-quality ingredients to ensure a memorable sandwich experience.
- Signature Sandwiches: Iconic delis often have a signature sandwich that has earned them a devoted following. These mouthwatering creations help define the deli's unique identity and keep customers coming back for more.
- Longevity and Tradition: Many of the city's most beloved delis have a storied history, with decades of experience perfecting their craft and cementing their place in the local food scene.
LA's Must-Visit Delis for the Best Sandwiches
Embark on a sandwich adventure through Los Angeles with these iconic delis:
- Langer's Delicatessen-Restaurant: Home to the legendary #19 sandwich, Langer's has been serving up mouthwatering pastrami since 1947. This iconic deli is a must-visit for any sandwich aficionado.
- Bay Cities Italian Deli & Bakery: Known for its signature Godmother sandwich, Bay Cities Italian Deli & Bakery offers a delicious fusion of Italian flavors and LA flair, using freshly baked bread and imported ingredients.
- Canters Deli: A 24-hour institution, Canters Deli has been a staple of LA's food scene since 1931. With an extensive menu of classic deli sandwiches, there's something for everyone at this legendary spot.
- Mendocino Farms: Boasting a commitment to local, sustainable ingredients, Mendocino Farms crafts innovative and delicious sandwiches, including vegetarian and vegan options. Don't miss their Not-So-Fried Chicken sandwich.
- Eastside Market Italian Deli: Established in 1929, this classic Italian deli serves up a variety of mouthwatering sandwiches, including the famous D.A. Special, piled high with a tasty combination of meats and cheeses.
Los Angeles is home to a variety of iconic delis, each offering their unique take on the perfect sandwich. From classic pastrami to innovative vegetarian options, there's a sandwich to suit every craving in the City of Angels. Be sure to visit these must-try delis and indulge in the best sandwiches LA has to offer.